Saturday, October 18, 2014

Binded



Maybe it's me but this article did not take me by surprise in even the slightest way. It almost bored me because like don't we all know this already? I mean don't we hear about this everywhere i must see 200 flipping diet ads a day between internet ads, radio ads, and magazines. Have you looked at the people on fox news they look like freakin barbies. We talk about the class diffrentials in schools, movies, the news, the law ect. We talk about how the media and cultural push has tried to make us feel that "Gay" people were "sick" and needed help and medication. Im not ignorant im aware it's called Heteronomy thinking, It's called the ruling of Religion. Take a philosophy class. It's called pre judgement that you may not even be aware you have. Cartoons are just a 1 millionth of the influences that push a certain agenda, im not ignorant but i also refuse to be cynical i choose a life of being aware but not being submerged. I didn't even have cable in my house for the last six years and i only have it now because it was part of the Verizon bundle but it never goes on. we don't watch the news in our house, we don't go to church, we read books about facts that help us learn about the world. I love people for a living, i always put my heart into everything i do, I work with every orientation and every ethnicity, people with all illnesses and i love them all. I try to rarely wear make up and remember im beautiful the way i am i tell my girls the same daily. I let them dress themselves as long as its reasonable and we don't shop at the F@#%^#%^# stores that are selling short shorts to 7 year olds. We go to Savers and we have fun buying different pieces and making our own outfits.
 It's great because theres no size negative 8 plastic models modeling absolutely impractical clothes. My daughter wont wear a dress without shorts under it because she wants to be able to go on the monkey bars...good for her. I don't know maybe it's me i just didnt think any of what i just read was a secret i kind of felt like "well ya no s#$#". Just don't let it turn you cynical, there's plenty of beauty in life too focusing on this stuff will drive you crazy,
http://mediamatters.org/issues/diversity-discrimination


3 comments:

  1. I think the media's impact on children growing up does not help advance our culture at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of respect upon your outlooks with media and society and how you do your own thing and own it, good for you!

    ReplyDelete